5 Reasons Why Every Triangle Student Should Apply for Scholarships
College-bound students are some of the busiest teens in the Triangle. With sports, clubs, academics and maybe even part-time jobs, their lives are full to the brim. It is still important to remember that these busy teens need to carve out time to stay on top of the college scholarship application process. Scholarship Finder NC is a valuable resource to help those busy young North Carolina students streamline the scholarship application process.
Scholarship Finder NC details five facts students should know about applying for college scholarships:
- Unclaimed money: Every year some scholarship money never gets awarded. Sometimes the scholarships are so specific that no students actually meet the qualifications. However, students may find that they are eligible for scholarships that are directly tied to their heritage, areas of interest, where they live or where their parents work. The pool of applicants for that money will be small, increasing a student’s chances.
- Time investment: It may seem like a lot of work to seek out and apply for scholarships, but students need to think of it as an investment, or a job. If it takes two hours to apply for a $500 scholarship, the successful student will see his or her time repaid at the rate of $250 per hour.
- Reduces student loans: Every dollar awarded in a scholarship reduces by an equal amount the student loan debt or family contribution for the student. It may not seem like a priority to high school students, but they will appreciate the savings once they leave college.
- Building key skills: Applying for scholarships is a bit like looking for a job. Students need letters of recommendation and they need to demonstrate past successes, either in the form of academic work or other areas. If they aren’t great writers but need to submit essays, they can work with a tutor to hone those skills. They’ll need those writing skills both in college and beyond.
- Grades are not everything: Not all scholarships are geared toward the straight-A student. In fact, some scholarships are designed for average students. The lack of a 4.0 GPA is no reason to avoid seeking out scholarships.
The scholarship hunt might look overwhelming, but North Carolina students can turn to ScholarshipFinderNC to make it easier. Their experienced staff cuts through the confusion and gives students a jumpstart on their scholarship search. Visit the website today to see how ScholarshipFinderNC can help you.
Reach out today to get started. Call us at (919) 589-FIND.
This important blog post about college expenses, scholarships, and applications is brought to you by the ScholarshipFinderNC team headquartered in Apex, in the Triangle Region of North Carolina.
919 589 3463
Find us on Facebook
Check us out on Twitter
We are the navigation beacon through the sea of scholarship options!